Tonight I noticed an article in Business Week called The 10 Commandments of Web Design.
- Thou shalt not abuse Flash.
- Thou shalt not hide content.
- Thou shalt not clutter.
- Thou shalt not overuse glassy reflections.
- Thou shalt not name your Web 2.0 company with an unnecessary surplus or dearth of vowels.
- Thou shalt worship at the altar of typography.
- Thou shalt create immersive experiences.
- Thou shalt be social.
- Thou shalt embrace proven technologies.
- Thou shalt make content king.
The article also has a neat slideshow called “best and worst of the web” which is worth the time and shouldn’t be missed!
2 thoughts on “The 10 Commandments of Web Design”
They left out “Thou shalt offer basic useful behavior for people with scripting turned off, and a clear indication that scripting may be required for certain features.”
On which point they fail.
Comments are closed.